The Venus Project is currently engaging in initial detailed design procedures for our next phase: the Center for Resource Management. The building designs are taken directly from the over 5500 design sketches that Jacque Fresco produced over the last 41 years, with the design layout arranged by Roxanne Meadows, and Adam Bouzane, D.EDDT, a Building Technologist, System Administrator, is spearheading the phases below.
The intent is for this comprehensive development to become a major hub for international research. It will be an all-encompassing, self-sustaining education complex, including research and development centers. It will also accommodate a “Museum of the Future” within one eighth of the circular arrangement, demonstrating educational exhibitions to help people both understand the state of technology, as well as its potential when utilized humanely within a Resource Based Economy. Accommodations for tourists, full- and part-time residences, amenities, educational seminars, a conference center, and much more will also be integrated. This facility’s primary focus is toward education along with research & development for Global Resource Management, and short- to long-term problem solving centered around the wellbeing of people and sustained protection of the environment. The lessons learned and knowledge gained here will be utilized toward future development of a circular city system.
This Center for Resource Management will also house facilities for producing a diverse array of media to help further these aims through films, a CGI studio, and an arts and music center. The entire facility will be designed to be as self-sustaining as possible, with onsite acute medical care, single and multi-unit apartments, food and electrical production capacities, waste and storm management, and water reclamation. Facilities management cannot be overlooked and will be provided for with a machine shop. It will operate like a leading edge, green university campus, all immersed in lush landscaping with winding streams, and biking and walking paths.
The Venus Project requires the volunteer assistance from Engineers, Architects, and Technicians in all forms to help provide competent Design Development Level drawing package (Phase 1). Moving forward, the Design Development Drawing and specification package (Phase 2) will be used to create full Tender/Construction documents (Phase 3) for what could be multiple Construction packages.
The below list of persons are urged to come forward with their own unique skill sets. The most urgent skill sets are listed in order of requirements with respect to the critical path Designated by Phase indicator:
Phase 1 – System Planning (Design Development):
- Site Engineers: survey documentation, rough grading, subdivision documentation and planning, Storm/sanitary system design and management, Utility distribution (Electricity, Geothermal, Potable water, Telecom), hardscape surfacing. Fire department design.
- Electrical Engineers: Renewable Electrical Production, Storage and Distribution systems (Solar, Wind, Geo-exchange, etc). Urban Electrical System Design.
- Mechanical Engineers: Sanitary Waste Management and water recollection, Storm water design management. Irrigation system design.
- Agricultural Designers: agricultural systems design.
- Landscape Designers: landscaping/Planting, irrigation design, site lighting design.
- Transportation & traffic engineering: interchange and traffic control design. Parking design. Pedestrian traffic flow. PHEV design hubs.
Phase 2 – Structure planning (Schematic Design):
- Geo-technical Engineers: Geo-technical report, planning and design assistance.
- Site Engineers: detailed Site design transitions from Phase 1 to Phase 2 site detailing around structures.
- Structural Engineers: Structural analysis and detailed design of various structures ranging from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Mechanical Engineers: Mechanical design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Electrical Engineers: Electrical design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Fire Suppression Engineers: Active Fire suppression design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Code Consultants: Code equivalency design documentation.
- Architects: Architectural design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Specifiers: Project manual compilation of 3 Part- 6 digit specification packages.
Phase 3 – Tendering, Contracts & Construction:
- Project Teams: Architects & Engineers of Record. (Presumed Phase 2 Team moves into phase 3)
- Project Managers: Division 0 & 1 specification creation, contract negotiations, project management.
Statisticians, scientists and any other technical specialists who feel their unique skills could be of use are also encouraged to volunteer.
We would like to reiterate that these unpaid voluntary positions are at this time to help advance the initiation of the next phase of development.
To get involved, please submit the form below.