The Venus Project is currently engaging in initial detailed design procedures for our next phase: the Center for Resource Management. The building designs are taken directly from the over 5500 design sketches that Jacque Fresco produced over the last 41 years, with the design layout arranged by Roxanne Meadows, and Adam Bouzane, D.EDDT, a Building Technologist, System Administrator, is spearheading the phases below.
The entire facility will be designed to be as self-sustaining as possible, with all of the energy coming from renewable sources, and food grown onsite. Located in the central area will be a “Museum of the Future”. This unique museum will show educational exhibitions to help people both understand the state of present-day technology, as well as its potential when utilized humanely within a Global Resource Based Economy. There will be accommodations for visitors who want to stay for more than a day, and educational seminars will be provided for them to learn more about this social direction.
The Center for Resource Management will also house facilities for producing a diverse array of media to help further these aims through films, a CGI studio, and an arts and music center. Residents and visitors will live in single- and multi-unit apartments, with onsite acute medical care also provided. Waste and water will be treated as important resources to be reused. Facilities management cannot be overlooked and will be provided for with a machine shop. R&D labs will be included as well for researchers who want to do related scientific work. An access center will provide on-demand access to a wide variety of goods, similar to how libraries today provide access to books. The whole complex will operate like a leading-edge, green university campus, all immersed in lush landscaping, with winding streams and paths for biking and walking.
The Venus Project requires the volunteer assistance from Engineers, Architects, and Technicians in all forms to help provide competent Design Development Level drawing package (Phase 1). Moving forward, the Design Development Drawing and specification package (Phase 2) will be used to create full Tender/Construction documents (Phase 3) for what could be multiple Construction packages.
The below list of persons are urged to come forward with their own unique skill sets. The most urgent skill sets are listed in order of requirements with respect to the critical path Designated by Phase indicator:
Phase 1 – System Planning (Design Development):
- Site Engineers: survey documentation, rough grading, subdivision documentation and planning, Storm/sanitary system design and management, Utility distribution (Electricity, Geothermal, Potable water, Telecom), hardscape surfacing. Fire department design.
- Electrical Engineers: Renewable Electrical Production, Storage and Distribution systems (Solar, Wind, Geo-exchange, etc). Urban Electrical System Design.
- Mechanical Engineers: Sanitary Waste Management and water recollection, Storm water design management. Irrigation system design.
- Agricultural Designers: agricultural systems design.
- Landscape Designers: landscaping/Planting, irrigation design, site lighting design.
- Transportation & traffic engineering: interchange and traffic control design. Parking design. Pedestrian traffic flow. PHEV design hubs.
Phase 2 – Structure planning (Schematic Design):
- Geo-technical Engineers: Geo-technical report, planning and design assistance.
- Site Engineers: detailed Site design transitions from Phase 1 to Phase 2 site detailing around structures.
- Structural Engineers: Structural analysis and detailed design of various structures ranging from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Mechanical Engineers: Mechanical design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Electrical Engineers: Electrical design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Fire Suppression Engineers: Active Fire suppression design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Code Consultants: Code equivalency design documentation.
- Architects: Architectural design and detailing of various building types from single family dwelling to multi-story heavy commercial/industrial.
- Specifiers: Project manual compilation of 3 Part- 6 digit specification packages.
Phase 3 – Tendering, Contracts & Construction:
- Project Teams: Architects & Engineers of Record. (Presumed Phase 2 Team moves into phase 3)
- Project Managers: Division 0 & 1 specification creation, contract negotiations, project management.
Statisticians, scientists and any other technical specialists who feel their unique skills could be of use are also encouraged to volunteer.
We would like to reiterate that these unpaid voluntary positions are at this time to help advance the initiation of the next phase of development.
To get involved, please submit the form below.