Abbreviated as TVP Support, this is a separate all-volunteer network whose aim is to raise local and global awareness of The Venus Project (TVP). We wanted to acknowledge them because of all the work they do to help more people become exposed to and get involved in this direction
These volunteers form into local outreach teams that organize and participate in events within their geographical area. These support teams must have one or more vetted volunteers that serve as Points of Contact (PoC). Their primary role is to build a team of local, active supporters and organize awareness events. They plan and conduct local activities such as screenings of Venus Project documentaries, providing information about The Venus Project at various events, giving lecture presentations, interviews and even Tedx talks to increase public understanding and support. PoC’s and their support teams strive to introduce the aims and proposals of The Venus Project to as broad an audience as possible.
Point of Contact (PoC) responsibilities include the following:
- To attain the tools and skills necessary to more accurately promote The Venus Project.
- Encourage team activities and exposure of TVP/RBE materials.
- Respond to emails addressed to their support team.
- Welcome new members into their community, introduce them to what is happening, and help them discover where they can best collaborate.
- Attend the monthly PoC Update meetings, which are always held on the 3rd Sunday of each month in Teamspeak @ 20:00 UTC. These meetings are specifically for all PoCs to come together to share updates and information, comment on any issues they may be having, and generally share their news.