Food & Agriculture
restores the surrounding ecology and people’s health, and frees up our time.
Our demonstration project:
Integrated Aquaponics System in Kerala, India
Some benefits of this system:
- Much higher and faster growth and yield
- Uses 98% less water
- Uses very little land
- No chemical fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or antibiotics
- No pollution of water, land or atmosphere
- Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) subscription model – the local families get lower food price and we get predictability
- Grow a wide variety of vegetables, fish and fruits all at once
- Can be any size: to feed one person, a family, a neighborhood, or large commercial to feed towns and cities
- No tilling or weeding. Automated irrigation. Far less amount of labor required overall.
- Can readily integrate any other good agricultural practice into the system
We wish to hear from scientists and practitioners doing worthwhile work in any related area – whether it is ecology, soil, microbiology, indigenous knowledge, composting, cooking, food preservation, nutrition (aquatic, botanical and human), molecular biology, learning in plants and animals, mycology, phycology, agroforestry, water conservation, climate change, integrated pest management, controlled environmental engineering and management, marketing and distribution of perishable commodities, post-harvest technologies, food safety regulation, teaching methods, or any other aspect. Reach out to us through the below form.